CUMBERLAND COMMUNITY CARES SCHOLARSHIP
Cumberland Community Cares, Inc. sponsors scholarships in memory of Austin Ricci and Colleen Lundequam. Up to $2,000 in scholarships will be awarded. Austin Ricci battled leukemia and underwent two bone marrow stem cell transplants in his 5 short years. Colleen Lundequam was organizing a benefit for the Ricci family when she was in a tragic car accident that claimed her life. Both the Ricci’s and the Lundequam’s are grateful for the community support they received while their families were going through these difficult times.
They have continued to hold an annual walk to remember loved ones lost and raise funds for scholarships and help other families in the Cumberland community during times of need.
* Graduating senior from Cumberland High School in 2023
* Minimum GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
* Plan on attending an accredited college or vocational institution in the Fall of 2023.
To be considered for the Austin Ricci & Colleen Lundequam memorial scholarships, please complete this application cover page, a signed copy of the scholarship terms & conditions, and attach the following:
* A copy of your high school transcript
* One letter of recommendation
* An essay that addresses the following topic: Throughout life, we are constantly faced with adversity and strive to understand those challenges. In an essay of no more than 1500 words, explain an experience that has been a challenge for you to overcome and how this experience has influenced you in school, your extracurricular activities, and your future educational and career goals.
*Submit the completed application with all supporting documentation to Nicole Donatell in the Cumberland District Office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
to be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 28, 2023.
DUE: Friday, April 28, 2023, by 4:00 p.m.